Support services in the region
THE PALLIATIVE CARE ADVICE SERVICE – 1800 360 000
The Advice Service offers free, confidential advice for anyone in Victoria who needs information about a life-limiting illness, palliative, or end-of-life care.
Click here to find out more information.
The service provides non-emergency health advice only. If you need immediate medical attention, call 000 or go to your nearest emergency department.
COMMUNITY PALLIATIVE CARE
Community Palliative Care provides holistic care including nursing care, allied health, practical support, information, equipment, medication management, access to medical review and assessment in peoples homes / residential care.
Refer to community palliative care if the person:
- has unstable and or complex symptoms
- has complex spiritual, psychosocial, cultural or bereavement needs
- is approaching the terminal phase and wants to die in their facility.
Community palliative care services providing palliative care in our region are:
- Banksia Palliative Care Service covering the local government areas of Banyule, Nillumbik and Whittlesea.
- Melbourne City Mission Palliative Care Service covering the local government areas of Yarra, Darebin, Moreland and Hume.
- Mercy Palliative Care Service covering the local government areas of Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Maribrynong, Melbourne, Melton, Moonee Ponds and Wyndham.
Click here to find the Community palliative care service for your area.
RESIDENTIAL IN-REACH SERVICES
Residential in-reach provide support to residential aged care facilities to reduce the risk of residents going to hospital unnecessarily.
The following links provide information about Residential In-Reach services in our catchment:
- Austin Health
- Northern Health
- St Vincent’s Hospital
- The Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Werribee Mercy
- Western Heath
PALLIATIVE CARE OUTREACH SERVICE (RAPID)
The Royal Melbourne Hospital and Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre provide same day specialised palliative care assessment of residents and their carers with urgent palliative care needs.
Click here to find out more about this service.