Specialist palliative care services overview
The types of specialist palliative care services included in this Specialist Palliative Care Services Quickguide are:
- Community palliative care
- Palliative care wards/units/hospice of public hospitals
- Palliative care consultancy of metropolitan public hospitals
- Outpatient clinics with a palliative care focus
- Day hospices
- Victorian Paediatric Palliative Care Program
The Quickguide also includes links to:
- Palliative Care Victoria and other Victorian service contacts;
- State/Territory palliative care peak bodies and government departments;
- Palliative Care Australia and national palliative care initiatives
- Clinical resources, training and education on topics such as grief and bereavement, medicinal cannabis, disease specific support organisations, opiod conversions, paediatric palliative care and communications skills training.
If you are someone living with a life-limiting illness, or caring for someone with a life-limiting illness, other useful sources of information include Palliative Care Victoria and the end of life and palliative care section of the Victorian Government’s Better Health Channel. We have also included links to various Carer Resources within the resources section of our website.
If you are seeking information about services in Victoria in areas other than NW Metro Melbourne, we suggest you consult Palliative Care Victoria’s Service Provider Search. For services outside Victoria, we suggest Palliative Care Australia’s Directory of Services.